Bad sound from a bearing?

• Dear German members, maybe you can help me out?

I have a 2017 Astra K 1.4 Turbo manual transmission.

In cold weather+ cold start, when standing for a while, there is a strange sound from the engine that sounds like a bad bearing. When the engine has been running for a while, it disappears. Here is a link of the sound:

New video by Jan-Erik Berg
    photos.google.com

When the clutch is pushed in, the sound disappears! My dealer has changed the clutch release bearing because of this, but in November the sound came back.... Now they don't know what to do. I can't accept that, I love to take care of my cars, and I'm allergic against sounds like this.

Do you have any suggestions what this might be??

• Hello. my english is not that good either. so I am writing to you with google translator. the noise could be coming from the belt drive. Tension pulley or idler pulley. a defective or dry-running water pump also makes such noises. in such a case you remove the V-ribbed belt and hear if the noise is still there. I hope I could help you.MfG

Astra K ST, 1,4 , 150PS , EZ.03/19,Automatic, Tiefseeblau-Metallic, R4.0,

• Thanks for your tip! They have considered that already, but they didn't find anything wrong so far with the pulleys when they checked - but I don't know how they came to that conclusion.

Since the sound dissappears when the engine has been running for 5-10 minutes, I guess they would have to try and remove the v-ribbed belt as you mention, and let it stand in the cold for one night, and then start the car perhaps....

:)

• Hello. It has happened before that the edge of the pump has come loose from the shaft, slipped dry when the engine was cold and only ran when the engine was warm due to expansion. good luck and MfG

Astra K ST, 1,4 , 150PS , EZ.03/19,Automatic, Tiefseeblau-Metallic, R4.0,

• I would suspect a faulty water pump based on the noise. :/ Try it as described by mikey.

1.) Astra K 1.4T Innovation (EZ 10/18) 185PS / 290Nm

B14XFT • Matrix-LED • PDC/A • Sitz-/Lenkradheizung • Navi 900 • 18 Zoll Bi-Color • Bilstein B12 • ST DZX 25mm • K&N Sportluftfilter • LED-Seitenblinker • ...

2.) Astra K ST 1.6 CDTi Innovation (EZ 06/16)

B16DTH • Automatik • Matrix-LED • AGR Vollleder • PDC/A • Sitz-/Lenkradheizung • Sitzbelüftung • ...

• I would suspect a faulty water pump based on the noise. :/ Try it as described by mikey.

OK - but how come the sound dissappers when I push in the clutch, in that case? Also when the clutch is pushed in and I increase the RPM at the same time. ?(